Soon To Be: May's Chinese & Spanish Preschool
Please Click Here for More Information
Welcome to Our Program!
May’s Chinese School is a high-quality child development program. We not only provide immersion Chinese language teaching, but also provide age and developmentally appropriate curriculums and best opportunities for your child’s physical, social, and emotional development.
Playing in the Cobblestone
Farm and Museum
What Makes Us Unique?
So give us a call or send us an email (email@example.com). We are confident that we can make a big positive difference in your child’s future.
Why Learn Another Language?
Research Findings: Second language study:
1. benefits academic progress in other subjects
2. narrows achievement gaps
3. benefits basic skills development
4. enriches and enhances(early) cognitive development
5. enhances a student’s sense of achievement
6. helps students score higher on standardized tests
7. promotes cultural awareness and competency
8. improves chances of college acceptance, achievement and attainment
9. enhances career opportunities
10. benefits understanding and security in community and society
Regarding World Language Education, NEA Research, (December 2007), “The Benefits of Second Language Study_Research Findings with Citations"
1. Chinese and English are very different. Chinese is a tonal language, while English is not. Researches have shown that tonal language speakers use more of their brains than non-tonal language speakers.
PNAS, vol. 112 no. 10, (2014), “Cross-language differences in the brain network subserving intelligible speech”, <http://www.pnas.org/content/112/10/2972.abstract>
2. There are other reasons for learning Chinese:
* China is the second largest economy in the world.
* China is one of largest trading partners of the United States.
* Many US companies do business in China and have long-term investments there
* China is one of the world’s oldest and richest continuous cultures, over 5000 years old..
Exploring at Buhr Park